Saturday 5 February 2011

Carried Away With Flowers

I have got a tad carried away with making fabric flowers from the tutorial I posted the other day.  They are so easy and fun to make and different fabrics give an entirely different look to the piece, so I had to experiment with all the scraps of fabric I have lying around the place. One thing that is essential is to make sure the fabric is man made and so part plastic, other wise the edges burn instead of melt.


I also got around to finishing my jewellery wall hangers.  It took quite a bit of effort and an extra pair of hands to staple down all the fabric and screw the hooks in without rucking up the fabric.  But I'm thrilled with the result and couldn't wait to put my jewellery on it.



To add a bit of embellishment I sewed a spare fabric flower to the corner and I already have plans to improve the design. I want to attach a piece of ribbon around the large square which I can clip all my hair slides to.


The only problem is I haven't even hung a quarter of all my jewellery up and it is already starting to look crowed.  I think I may have to add a few more canvas' to the design, maybe I can make a whole wall full of them??

                        

2 comments:

  1. Sarah that looks fabulous! Not only is it practical it looks like a work of art, but oh so simple (in theory anyway).

    Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats looks really amazing. i'm looking to do something with my room to one, fill up wall space with beautiful canvases and two, have somewhere to put my massive amounts of jewellery.

    love it!

    ReplyDelete