Monday 9 May 2011

Fabric Flowers


It was my lovely friend Gemma's Birthday last week so I wanted to make her something special, I used some of the fabric I had bought to make a fabric flower.  I styled it on a hair clip I bought a while ago from Miss Selfridge's (I blogged about it here) and cut out the fabric using pinking shears so that I din't have to seal the edges by burning them.  I really loved the final result and almost didn't ant to give it away but I know she will love it and I can always make another.



I also bought her a voucher for Hobbycraft so treated her to a day out on Saturday, when there was a 20% sale off of everything in store.  We got all the bits we needed to paint her cushions and also picked up a few extra crafty things to decorate her house.  I managed to spend a whopping £50 (reduced to £40) but I did buy a gorgeous cross stitch by Valerie Pfeiffer of six little blue tits on a branch called Chrous Line.  I have seen this design before but it was a bit pricey, but I decided to treat myself (especially with the discount).  I have been doing that quite a lot recently, really must stop spending money, but look how cute it is!!


We also visited Dunelm Mill to find some plain cushion covers but couldn't find anything we liked so in the end bought fabric to make them.  We have decided that next weekend will be our craft weekend; food, wine, good company and crafting, life couldn't get much better!!

A quick update on the fire, it rained lots over the weekend which has helped a lot. The fire is completely out and the fire crews are now working to drench the area in water to stop any of it catching alight again.  Some of the roads reopened this morning which helped my journey to work, and hopefully the rest will be opening soon as well.  Dad and I plan to go into the forest to inspect the damage later this week so I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment