Saturday 22 October 2011

Magnet Board

I'm not great at organising or remembering things.  To try and keep on track I came up with a quick craft magnetic board to try and make it easier so I can pin up notes and remember other monthly tasks.
I found a cheap magnetic board in a local charity shop to recycle, which I scrubbed down and painted up.  I also designed a paper cover to stick over the metal with the days of the week marked clearly.  For the magnets I used some flat backed glass stones and stuck sheet magnet to the back of them.  I actually had to stick a couple of layers because the glass was a little heavier than expected.
This didn't take longer than a couple of hours to complete, and will be very easy to change if I get bored of the colour combination.  It now sits atop my computer to remind me everyday, job done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment