Thursday 8 March 2012

Pineapple Plant

I found a fantastic article on Stumble from Tickled Red about growing your own pineapples.  How could I not try this out!!


Now I don't know if we have quite the right climate for growing pineapples so I did a bit more research from the UK and found this article from Gardeners World saying all you need is a bright windowsill; which we have as all our windows and balcony face South (lucky us!).  So I'm going to give it a go, now this is not a quick process it can take 3 years to grow a pineapple, but I will try to keep you updated of all the exciting progress :oP

Here is my happy little pineapple before I start, all I need to do is cut the top off and trim all of the fruit away as we are not a hot country and it might go mouldy.  Sit it in a jar of water until it starts to grow roots, then plant it up in a fairly large pot as they can grow up to 1 meter wide.  I'm very excited but I won't hold my breath just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment